One of the major hindrances to growing as a church is the lack of workers. As the church launches new ministries to reach new people in the mission field, an adequate number of passionate workers need to be in place.
22. Pray that God would bring people to fill the gaps
“He said to his disciples, ‘The harvest is great, but the workers are few. So, pray to the Lord who is in charge of the harvest; ask him to send more workers into his fields.’”
There are probably many gaps where trained workers need to be in ministry.
• Pray that the leadership of the church would identify where the greatest need of workers exists.
• Pray that people with a passion for ministry would come to the church.
• Pray that adequate ministry training would be provided.
23. Pray for new teachers
Dear brothers and sisters, not many of you should become teachers in the church, for we who teach will be judged more strictly.
Teaching is a weighty responsibility. The church needs sound people with passion, knowledge, and gifting to teach.
• Pray for people to have a passion to teach God’s word.
• Pray that teachers will have a hunger for learning and continued spiritual growth.
• Pray that new people will be welcomed into the church who will grow and accept the call of being a teacher.
24. Pray for more youth and children workers
“But Jesus said, ‘Let the children come to me. Don’t stop them! For the Kingdom of Heaven belongs to those who are like these children.’”
A recent survey by the International Bible Society found that 83% of all Christians make their commitment to Jesus between the ages of 4 and 14. The Barna Research Group surveys demonstrate that American children ages 5 to 13 have a 32% probability of accepting Christ, but youth or teens aged 14 to 18 have only a 4% probability of doing so.7
• Pray that more members will be inspired to work with youth and children.
• Pray that people with a passion for working with the youth would come to the church
• Pray that people with a passion for young children will volunteer to work
• Pray for these workers to share their love for Christ with the children and youth
25. Pray God would bring young adult workers
“A spiritual gift is given to each of us so we can help each other.”
1 Cor 12:7
Young adults often feel out of place in the church. Many churches provide a strong youth program, but have no specific ministry to draw young adults.
• Pray God would raise up people with a passion to reach young adults.
• Pray for the church to be welcoming to young adults, not imposing its own agenda on them.
26. Pray God would bring tech people
“All of you together are Christ’s body, and each of you is a part of it.”
1 Cor 12:27
Because we live in a tech-savvy world and young people understand and speak the medium of technology, today’s worship needs to reflect this new technological-centered world-view.
• Pray that the church would be open to new forms of technology in worship.
• Pray that money would be put in the church budget to purchase quality technology equipment.
• Pray that people gifted in various forms of technology would feel welcome and encouraged to serve and lead with their gifts.
27. Pray that God would bring more musicians
“Praise the Lord! Praise God in his sanctuary; praise him in his mighty heaven! Praise him for his mighty works; praise his unequaled greatness! Praise him with a blast of the ram’s horn; praise him with the lyre and harp! Praise him with the tambourine and dancing; praise him with strings and flutes! Praise him with a clash of cymbals; praise him with loud clanging cymbals. Let everything that breathes sing praises to the Lord! Praise the Lord!”
Gifted, talented musicians inspire us to worship. Talent also attracts more talent.
• Pray that God would connect the church to gifted, called musicians in the community.
• Pray that members would step forward and use their musical gifts in ministry.
• Pray that the church would be open to a variety of musical gifts.
28. Pray that God would bring diversity in workers
“For Christ himself has brought peace to us. He united Jews and Gentiles into one people when, in his own body on the cross, he broke down the wall of hostility that separated us. . . He made peace between Jews and Gentiles by creating in himself one new people from the two groups. Together as one body, Christ reconciled both groups to God by means of his death on the cross, and our hostility toward each other was put to death.”
Heaven shows a picture of great diversity, as people from many backgrounds and races come together as one body. The church today should welcome diversity. For the church to be more diverse, diversity in leadership is needed.
• Pray that our new church will reflect diversity of our mission field.
• Pray that God would bring diversity in leadership and workers.
• Pray that we can learn from the richness of diversity.
What excited you about God sending new workers to your church?