May 29th Worship Program
May 22 Memorial day is one of those occasions that has many meanings. For many it’s the official start of summer. For others it’s a chance for family gatherings. As a national holiday, Memorial Day is a special day which we gather to worship. We gather on a somber holiday. We remember with sadness those we have loved and lost. Let us not glorify the conflicts and violence that tear our loved ones from us. Let us, rather, give glory to God, who calls us to use our freedom peaceably. Our God is a God of all nations and peoples. May our worship of God unite rather than divide. Thank you for joining us today! In case you weren’t aware, this is just one of three churches that make up the Rock Hall United Methodist Charge. We share one mission, to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of Rock Hall and the world. We long to see our entire community transformed by the power of God. This is why we share and show God’s love by serving our neighbors and telling the story of how God transformed our lives. If you have any questions about our church or want to discuss your faith journey, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly. My email is firstname.lastname@example.org and my office telephone is 410-639-2144. Thank you again for joining us. Pastor Gary Order of Worship Welcome
Songs for Worship
Prayers of Adoration and Confession
Prayers of the People
Pastor Gary Priddy Luke #23: What are we waiting for? Luke 9:1-17
Practical ways you can take a “next step” in your faith journey.
Prayer of Thanksgiving
Life is much more than an accident. Wherever I go, I believe God needs me there. Wherever I am, I trust God has put me there. He has a purpose for me being there - Christ, alive in me, wants to do something through me, no matter where I am. I believe this and go in His grace and His love and His power. Amen.
If you would like someone to pray with you, please come and meet one of our ministry leaders at the altar at the end of the service.
Message Notes Luke #23: What are We Waiting For
The Story: God Provides
Luke 9:1-17| Mark 6:7-44| John 6:1-13
What shapes our ministry in Rock Hall
_______________: Christianity is a team sport.
Mark 6:7| 3 John 9-10| Hebrews 10:24-25| Matthew 22:36-40| John 13:35
Only God owns the ministry
Our faith isn’t just something between “me and God”.
Read you as y’all.
_______________: Good starts don’t guarantee strong finishes.
John 12:5-6, 13:29 | 1 John 2:3-5 | Luke 8:13-14| 1 Corinthians 10:1-6| Matthew 28:19-20
_______________: Everyone (even Jesus and the Apostles) needs rest.
Matthew 11:28-30| Matthew 23:4| 1 Corinthians 12:14-27
_______________: When God opens the door, walk in.
Mark 6:31-34| 1 Corinthians 9:19-27
What you have is less important than what you do with what you have.
This week’s YouVersion Bible Devotional: Ready to Unlock the Kingdom of God?
Jesus loved to talk about His home. He called it the Kingdom of God. Jesus wants to give you the keys to unlock this kingdom on earth. Are you ready? Writer Paul Marc Goulet writes passionately about your special calling in this world. Join us in reading together using the YouVersion Bible App, HERE. Let’s connect Are you new to us? We would love to connect with you. Just go to hello.yourrhc.com
Neighbors Helping Neighbors Do you know a SINGLE PARENT or a SENIOR in our community who could use some help around the house with some minor repairs? Let us know, We’d love to help!
Meet with Pastor Gary Do you have a question or issue you need to discuss? Pastor Gary is available for pastoral counseling with individuals and couples To schedule, just Click “Meet with Pastor Gary” on our website
Grill Night Would you like to host a grill night? If you have questions, contact the charge office: email@example.com
Prayer Request Policy Change In order to maintain a more current prayer list, we provide a copy of this past week’s prayer requests. Submit prayer requests using the prayer request cards in the pews or the digital prayer request form on our website: pray.yourrhc.com Please make sure you have permission to share other’s information.
Current Prayer Requests
● Our children and youth ministries ● Caregivers and first responders● People of Ukraine● Our nation’s leaders● Healing of our nation● Israel and the Middle East● People battling addictions● Single parents and their kids● Pastor Gary & Family ● Joe & Cheryl Holliday● Joan Melvin ● Eddie & Rosalie Kuechler● Karen Weller● Family of Raymond Price● Mariann Dulin● Carole Coleman● Donnie Dierker● Nancy Spitz● Michael Geibel● Johnny Mullikin● Rick Reedy● Pat Hastings● Family of Ethel Toulson ● Active Military & their families including: ● Trevion Hopkins● Kyle Schauber● Brock Willey● Kelly Bertelsen● Steve McCarthy● Tristan Hague● Dakota Collison● Geoffrey Andersen● John Pettit● Makenzie Williams● Dante Spagnolo● Ben Coppage ● Jonathan Conner
● Phyllis Dierker
● Edna Cox
● Ann Leary
This week's prayer focus:
Join us as a church in focused and specific prayer for our church, our community, and our world. Be prepared to see God do great things as we collectively turn to Him in prayer.
● Sunday - Our Mission: God, increase the desire of believers to fulfill the Great Commission. Matthew 28:19-20
● Monday - Our Church: God, direct our vision for the Future. Proverbs 19:21
● Tuesday - Our Leadership: God, help our ministers and volunteers persevere in Your work. 1 Corinthians 15:58
● Wednesday - Families: God, help our families be committed to the Lord and His Work. Joshua 24:15
● Thursday - Our Community: God, bring salvation to the lost. Luke 19:10
● Friday - Children/Youth: God, help our young people set an example of godliness for others. 1 Timothy 4:12
● Saturday - Adults: God, give our adults discernment to not be deceived by the world and Satan. 1 Peter 5:8
This week’s events:
6:00 - Women’s Small Group @Wesley Chapel
6:30 - Women’s Small Group @The Priddy’s
7:00 - Men’s small group @Charge Office
7:00 - Small Group @Rock Hall Church fellowship hall
5:00 - Rock Solid Kids @Teen Center
6:00 - Family Dinner @RH Church fellowship hall
6:30 - Youth Group @Teen Center
6:30 - Chancel Choir Practice @WCUMC
7:00 - Praise Team Practice @RHUMC
Receiving new members